Sunday 17 February 2013

Botswana Butchery Queenstown

For my birthday Chris took me to Botswana Butchery, one of the best restaurants in Queenstown.

http://goodgroup.co.nz/assets/Uploads/bars/Botswana/Queenstown/DSC2.JPG
photo courtesy of the website

http://goodgroup.co.nz/assets/Uploads/bars/Botswana/Queenstown/DSC6.JPG
photo courtesy of the website
 
I started off with a cocktail called Brazil with Berries, sweet and perfect for beginning the start of a birthday dinner. (I loved it so much I forgot to actually take a picture of it.) Chris actually booked a room for just us. It had a little table, two big chairs, a fireplace and a sliding door that made it completely private from the rest of the restaurant. Perfect for a romantic evening together.


 
We started off with Salmon Gravlax; fresh salmon, dill dressing, and fresh baked warm rye bread. The combination of flavors is divine.


We both ended up having the lamb rack (which I'm not sure is on the menu anymore) with a side of thyme and pinot noir jus. I ended up having a glass of port along with the lamb and Chris had some whiskey, delicious pairing.


It was one of the best dinner's I've ever had. I believe the only thing you need to do to get one of these rooms is make sure you book ahead. It really is so much more special to have a private little room all to yourself no matter what the occasion is.



For Reservations: 17 Marine Parade | +64 3 442 6994 | queenstown@botswanabutchery.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment